I’m out of time. Not literally, because to be outside the rules of time would be quite nice right now. I love it went that happens–a good Csikszentmihalyi flow session, a Henri Bergson moment of grace. A moment in the mathematical sense, or a physical sense…a higher moment? A 4th order moment? A mixed moment? A moment is heavy–it’s brimming with artifactual meaning–so don’t use it lightly.
No, really, I am very much IN TIME because I am OF TIME. I forget whether all of this is Einstein or Hawkins or someone all together different but anyhow, I am OUT of time because I am very very much IN time. Got it?
|If you are a popboardz user–this popboardz is public.|
Good. Then you know what I’m saying is that I can’t write the blog I want to write this week. So instead I took an hour to indulge in a little Csikszentmihalyi flow. In that flow I put together a popboardz of all the things I want to talk about in my blog on Marshall McLuhan. I’ve added the thumbnail of the popboardz but if you really want to see all the links inside, I made it public…you can. I just don’t HAVE TIME right now to figure out how you would do that.
But here are the main points mentioned on the board…
- People are Strange (The Doors)
- Englishman in New York (Sting)
- Jai Ho (specifically the line Baila-Baila!)
- Curried Brunswick Stew and bananas in church.
- Two children in Jaipur
- Unstable Isomers
- My daughter’s Christian summer school theme: “There are Aliens Among Us.” (I had many euphoric moments over that one, trust me)
- My other daughter’s request for “a legend” to guide us towards an answer to the question “Do we all come from the same ancestor?”
- Speaking of…Legend. On a map? Pointing us in a direction? Or a story? Pointing us in the direction of an answer?
- Bakhtin and his Carnival (of course)
- And the mutilated Santa.